Windows 7 Minor Gadget issue

Nissassa

Banned
I'm pretty sure no one else posted this so far, but i've recently i decided to check the box in a couple of gadgets "Always on Top" and on start-up, only a few of these gadgets end up on top until after i put them in focus. if it's any help, the gadgets are that are doing this are: "Control System With Clock", "iTunes Accessory", and "Weather"

As i said this is a very minor issue and if there's no fix it's no problem, but if there is, it WOULD be nice to not have to click on them every time i turn on my comp hahaha

It seems like you are experiencing an issue with certain gadgets on your Windows computer not staying on top even though you have selected the "Always on Top" option for them. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix this minor issue:

### Potential Solutions:
1. Check for Updates: Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date along with the gadgets. Sometimes, updates can address such issues.

2. Restart the Windows Desktop Gadgets Process:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Look for "Windows Desktop Gadgets" in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select "End Task."
- Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

3. Reconfigure the Gadgets:
- Remove the gadgets that are causing the problem from the desktop.
- Re-add them from the Gadgets Gallery and set the "Always on Top" option again.
- Restart your computer and see if they stay on top.

4. Gadgets Position Reset:
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Go to "View" and uncheck "Align icons to grid" if it's checked.
- Right-click on each gadget causing the issue, select "Lock Gadget" to unlock it if it's locked, and then click and drag them slightly to a new position.
- Restart the computer and check if the gadgets stay on top.

5. Run Gadgets with Administrator Privileges:
- Right-click on the gadget.
- Select "Run as Administrator."
- Set the "Always on Top" option again.
- Restart your computer and see if this resolves the issue.

If none of the above steps work, it's possible that the gadgets themselves may have compatibility issues. In that case, you may need to consider using alternative gadgets or third-party desktop widget solutions that provide similar functionality without the "Always on Top" issue.

Feel free to try these steps and let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Back