Windows 7 Msn messenger "show what i'm listening to" mulfunction

asteroid

Honorable Member
As the topic says, the "show what i'm listening to" option doesn't work properly.I have msn messenger v.14.0.8089.726
running on windows 7.
When i change the track, msn doesn't refresh to show the current track that plays. Both windows media player 12 and msn have the options checked.
The strange thing is that it works fine with iTunes.

If anyone can help I would appreciate.
Thank you in advance.

Are you using a beta build of msn? as that version number is higher than the official release build

Are you using a beta build of msn? as that version number is higher than the official release build

I've downloaded it from microsoft.
http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger->
Link Removed due to 404 Error

After that the setup downloaded all the necessary files for live messenger.All done automatically.But it works fine with iTunes.
Should I download a standalone live messenger version?
If yes,could you give me a website or something?

hmm prehaps you could try the offline installer version, simply use the same link as you got it but click TRY AGAIN button and rather and custom ya get the full 133mb offline version.

hmm prehaps you could try the offline installer version, simply use the same link as you got it but click TRY AGAIN button and rather and custom ya get the full 133mb offline version.

I did it but it didn't fix the issue.It keeps showing only the first played track of a playlist,if you change track it doesn't show it.

Well I just register to this forum to tell you the answer!
As I was searching through the internet and looking for the same answer as you do or did!
Nothing found so I was playing around with windows media player 12!
I tried a few things! The answer is very simple: Import your music into wmp 12! When you did so it should work even if you choose tracks out of your music folders! The important thing is just that he tune must be in the library!
This problem is just under windows 7 with windows media player 12 and windows live messenger! I hope Microsoft fixes it soon!
I hope I helped you out and I'm sorry for my bad English!
Cheers
Ferry
PS: I'm pretty sure you turned importing to library off just as I did cause it is annoying!

Last edited:
thanks ferry

finally someone with some insight

this worked

glad you registered... i registered just to say thanks!!

Back