Windows 7 Multiple connections come up and internet access fails. (windows 7 7057)

xaga

After I installed windows 7 build 7057, sometimes when I turn on my computer, I discovered that I had multiple connections for the network and I cant access to the Internet. In fact, I only have 1 network and 1 workgroup. I have a very simple network with few computers connect to the same router. I cant delete it and the only way to fix it is to uninstall the whole network device and reinstall in device manager. It happens more often recently. This is kind of annoying. Anybody knows the solution to this or anyone has the same problem???

I'm having the same problem with build 7100. It's very random. Just went 3 days without it happening, but it's happened twice today. When I turn on, I have no internet access, however, the "network and sharing center" indicates I have 2 active connections. One is my home network, and the other is called "public network". This is a desktop computer, and has never been connected to any other networks. If I disable either one of the connections, they both disappear. If I then click on the X between the icons representing my computer and my network, I'm told that I am not connected, and I'm given the option to "try this repair as an administrator". When I click that option, my home network is restored, and I have internet access. The "public network" is gone. What up?

Back
Top Bottom