Windows 7 need help restoring summary view in the event viewer

Moondoggy

Extraordinary Member
Help! While in the event viewer I thought I was deleting some entries in the summary View and ended up deleting the view. I think that I can re-create the veiew if someone can go in and select the properties of that view, then select Edit Filter, then select the XML tab and copy the entire query and then post in in a response to this post. Any help would be appreciated.

Please explain Summary View? Are you sure its not some custom view you have? Because I don't have it.. Win 7 SP1 32-bit.
Can you include a screenshot explaining exactly where you seen this view at? I mean I have all the normal ones and don't see a thing called Summary anywhere!

I think he means this: Event viewer - Custom views - Administrative events? (or summary of Administrative events?)
(I think this is probably what the op mean?) if I open this, I then have several itemised portions.
These are all log file of events that have occurred on your computer over a specified period. If you have deleted them, I don't think there is a way to get them back. But if your computer is operating OK, they are not important, and will quickly reestablish themselves, as they are, in many cases, merely a log of opening procedure, etc.
Fwiw. To obtain a copy of someone elses would be pointless, as the events are random and specific to the one computer. If you look again now, aprticularly if you have rebooted, you will find it has aklready recreated itself.

The Custom View templates for Administrative Events and Location Activity (the only two I have) are included in this zip file, try to import them Moondoggy and let me know if this corrects your issue.

View attachment EventVwr-CustomViews.zip

Back