Windows 10 need help-Screen Crashing and totally messed up frames.

roskee

Hey guys. my uncle has an hp probook 4540s laptop which he has used for about four years now. but recently the screen started to show scattered and misplaced frames. earlier he had windows 7 installed but after the screen started to scatter he installed windows 10 and the laptop worked fine for about a month or so. but then with no obvious change to the pc the scattering came back. i have checked and reinstalled the graphics driver but it has no change. and just to mention, in bios menu the screen has no problem. it starts only when the operating system starts. here are some photos of the screen.
IMG_20180715_143915.jpg
IMG_20180715_143940.jpg
IMG_20180715_144035.jpg
IMG_20180715_144058.jpg

Hi,
try running the DDU or display driver remover which not only removes the driver but any corruption with it.
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.9.0 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum

Once removed re-install driver.

Run these scans:

File scans
Right click on command prompt and click run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

the problem still appears in safe mode

Try first what Kemical suggested in his post above.

After that you can run a Linux live-CD/DVD to see if it happens the same. Do you know how to make a Linux live-CD/DVD?

OR (the last option)

Do a clean install of Windows and then you will know for sure if it is hardware or software problem.

Last edited:
In this case it is most likely a hardware problem: the video card / graphics card is failing.

Try first what Kemical suggested in his post above.

After that you can run a Linux live-CD/DVD to see if it happens the same. Do you know how to make a Linux live-CD/DVD?

OR (the last option)

Do a clean install of Windows and then you will know for sure if it is hardware or software problem.
I uninstalled the Intel graphics driver with DDU as Kemical suggested and it worked fine with the basic adapter. then i downloaded the latest version of the driver from hp website and when i installed the driver the problem came back again. and I don't know how to make Linux live-CD/DVD.

I uninstalled the Intel graphics driver with DDU as Kemical suggested and it worked fine with the basic adapter. then i downloaded the latest version of the driver from hp website and when i installed the driver the problem came back again. and I don't know how to make Linux live-CD/DVD.

Glad to hear it is not a hardware problem.

By "basic adapter" do you mean the driver provided by Microsoft?

Uninstall the driver from HP and keep the one that worked fine. Hopefully they will release a better driver in the future.
I also have a HP laptop and the driver for wireless provided by HP doesn't even install.

Try removing the driver again but this time wait and see what windows installs via windows updates. You'll hopefully get a driver which works.

Hey if you are still facing this issue so I also have faced the exact same issue I a lenovo think pad L470 and the issue is with graphic chip not the software and I had to change the motherboard as lenovo guys told this is a issue with board and as the system is in warranty he gave me the new motherboard but I had discussed this issue with the chip level engineer he told the graphic chip is shorting so it occur you can get it repaired .

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Windows Forums mobile app

Back