Windows 7 Need help with BSOD when using Live Mesh or SyncToy 2.0

lineout

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this has been covered.

I recently installed W7 on my ACER Aspire One netbook and overall am very happy with it. The one issue I seem to have is when using either Live Mesh or SyncToy 2.0 to sync files with my Vista desktop. Installation is ok but when the netbook is syncing I get a BSOD and the PC reboots. Unfortunately I haven't been able to capture the details of the BSOD. I was hoping someone has had the same issue and could help me with a fix.

Cheers

It seems like you are experiencing a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue when syncing files using Live Mesh or SyncToy 2.0 between your Windows 7 netbook and Vista desktop. This kind of problem can be caused by various factors, such as driver conflicts, hardware issues, or software compatibility problems.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix this issue:

1. Update Drivers: Ensure that all the drivers on both your netbook and desktop are up to date. Outdated drivers can often cause compatibility issues leading to BSODs.

2. Check Compatibility: Confirm if Live Mesh and SyncToy 2.0 are fully compatible with Windows 7. You can check the official websites or forums for these tools for compatibility information.

3. Check Event Viewer: You can check the Event Viewer on your Windows 7 netbook to see if there are any specific error codes or messages related to the BSOD. This might provide more insight into the cause of the crash.

4. Disable Automatic Restart: Turn off the automatic restart feature after a BSOD. This will allow you to see the error message displayed on the screen, which can help in diagnosing the issue.

5. Run System File Checker (SFC): Use the System File Checker tool to scan for and restore corrupted system files that might be causing the BSOD.

6. Check for Malware: Run a full system scan on both your netbook and desktop to check for any malware or viruses that could be causing the issue.

7. Update Operating Systems: Ensure both your Windows 7 netbook and Vista desktop have the latest updates installed. Sometimes, updates contain fixes for known issues.

8. Test in Safe Mode: Try running the sync process in Safe Mode on your Windows 7 netbook. If it works without issues, it could indicate a third-party software conflict.

If you are unable to resolve the issue using these steps, it might be helpful to seek assistance from the support forums of Live Mesh and SyncToy, as well as the Microsoft community forums for Windows 7.

Feel free to try these steps and let me know if you need further assistance or if you gather more information about the BSOD error.

Back