Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows 10 netsh trace with persist cannot record older message after restart the OS on Build 685

vivi

Hi All Experts,

I met the issue when I tried to use the netsh trace on Windows 10 build 685.
In previous version 630, I use the netsh trace with persist=yes to record the network message and all as normal whatever I restart the OS.

But after I update my Windows 10 to build 685, every time restart the OS will cause the netsh trace log be overwrote as latest message.
That means I lost the message before restart the OS.

Of course the command are the same between 630 and 685.
But the results are totally different.
Following are the command which I used.

netsh trace start wireless_dbg persist=yes maxSize=3000 capture=yes correlation=no tracefile=C:\wireless_dbg.etl

Best Regards,
Vivi Ma

Pretty sure you need to include overwrite=no otherwise when a new trace starts (IE on reboot) the file is overridden

Pretty sure you need to include overwrite=no otherwise when a new trace starts (IE on reboot) the file is overridden
Thanks for your kindly response, but I need circular to record the net logs during several test and may include several reboots. And I will stop to trace the net log when I receive the issue. If overwrite=no, the size will easily full as maxSize (3GB).

That's why I just using persist=yes on build 630 and can record several days and got the record which include older and latest message.

Back