Windows 10 netsh trace with persist cannot record older message after restart the OS on Build 685

vivi

Hi All Experts,

I met the issue when I tried to use the netsh trace on Windows 10 build 685.
In previous version 630, I use the netsh trace with persist=yes to record the network message and all as normal whatever I restart the OS.

But after I update my Windows 10 to build 685, every time restart the OS will cause the netsh trace log be overwrote as latest message.
That means I lost the message before restart the OS.

Of course the command are the same between 630 and 685.
But the results are totally different.
Following are the command which I used.

netsh trace start wireless_dbg persist=yes maxSize=3000 capture=yes correlation=no tracefile=C:\wireless_dbg.etl

Best Regards,
Vivi Ma

Pretty sure you need to include overwrite=no otherwise when a new trace starts (IE on reboot) the file is overridden

Pretty sure you need to include overwrite=no otherwise when a new trace starts (IE on reboot) the file is overridden
Thanks for your kindly response, but I need circular to record the net logs during several test and may include several reboots. And I will stop to trace the net log when I receive the issue. If overwrite=no, the size will easily full as maxSize (3GB).

That's why I just using persist=yes on build 630 and can record several days and got the record which include older and latest message.

Back