Windows 7 Network Adapter Code 12

matt965

Here's the basic story:

I had a D-Link Air Plus G510 on my pc and recently it died. I had an Azio AWD154B wifi card laying around so I stuck that in my PC. It was working fine for a while but now I have a Code 12 in device manager on this card. If I disable the card, device manager locks up, same with enabling it (after restarting my computer...). I updated the drivers to 3.0.9.1 from 1.5.4 and the problem still persists. Searches show that 2 or more of my devices are conflicting with each other. Here's my extra hardware pieces:

PNY GeForce GTX 550TI
Azio WiFi card
Creative Soundblaster Live! CTX4760 sound card

this PC is running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. At this point I'm out of ideas. What else can I try?

This might be worth a read.....

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732199(v=ws.10).aspx

and this.......
Code 12
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)
Cause

This error can occur if two devices that are installed on your computer have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or both). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device.

Recommended resolution

You can use the Troubleshooting Wizard in Device Manager to determine where the conflict is, and then disable the conflicting device.

Disable the conflicting device
  1. On the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
  2. Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.
  3. Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.

Also...try using the card in a different PCI slot.

I didn't have the "Troubleshoot" option anywhere in the dialog box. I swapped the sound and wifi cards and both are currently working. Maybe the wifi card just needed to be re-seated. I'll come back if the problem pops up again. Thanks for the help!

Either that or there's a separate PCI controller for one of the PCI slots....and the one PCI slot was sharing the power with something else on the mobo, which was giving you the code 12 about not enough resources for that particular PCI slot with that wifi card....but that's just a best guess scenario. Glad to hear you got it sorted out....that's all the matters.

Back
Top Bottom