Windows 10 New Power Supply

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
I built my own PC watching someone on youtube , he used a power supply 650w . That was 4 yrs ago now , if i replaced the power supply with something likeA Corsair 1000 Watt RMx Fully Modular RM1000X ATX PSU/Power Supply . Would everything still work alright . ( taking the side off and checking the old Power Supply dimesions against the new one , the old one is about 20 mm short in D but there is ample space inside the case .)

Attachments

• Corsair 1000 Watt RMx Fully Modular RM1000X ATX PSUPower Supply.PNG
    Corsair 1000 Watt RMx Fully Modular RM1000X ATX PSUPower Supply.PNG
    146.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Size.PNG
    Size.PNG
    38.5 KB · Views: 140
Most cases will handle any standard PS. If it does not fit (doubtful) buy from a reputable dealer that will allow you to return without penalty.

I built my own PC watching someone on youtube , he used a power supply 650w . That was 4 yrs ago now , if i replaced the power supply with something likeA Corsair 1000 Watt RMx Fully Modular RM1000X ATX PSU/Power Supply . Would everything still work alright . ( taking the side off and checking the old Power Supply dimesions against the new one , the old one is about 20 mm short in D but there is ample space inside the case .)
Question: What makes you think you need a 1000 watt PSU? There are plenty of PSU online calculators that will give you a pretty darn good approximate wattage needed for a system.

It would be very helpful if you listed all your hardware in your system with exact make/models of each piece.

bassfisher6522 , i asked about a 1000 watt PSU? . Thinking it may be a more powerful model , sort of an upgrade . Also It would be very helpful if you listed all your hardware in your system with exact make/models of each piece. I thought i had already done that such as 16GB Ram etc .

bassfisher6522 , i asked about a 1000 watt PSU? . Thinking it may be a more powerful model , sort of an upgrade . Also It would be very helpful if you listed all your hardware in your system with exact make/models of each piece. I thought i had already done that such as 16GB Ram etc .
To answer the most basic question, its modular, so it is good. And no you should not really have any issues with 1000watt unless you are running like, some heavy duty stuff (multiple graphics cards). I don't see any issues. It is true you may not need 1000W. It depends on your use scenario. There is a good calculator here: Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision

But also, you may want to go with a higher wattage just in case it degrades "over time", so maybe in a few years the PSU will be "old" but can still handle 800W or whatever.

Where....? Yes it's more powerful....but not the point. As mentioned by Mike, a 1000 watt PSU, at this point in the thread can only be know by you and what possible future needs you may want. Again, with out knowing all of your hardware, it's just a guessing game. If you have listed all your hardware.....I sure don't see it.

Example of hardware list: This is mine.
mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97 Gaming 7
CPU: intel i74790K
cpu cooler: Hyper 212 Evo blk
RAM: Gskill Trident Z 2 x 8 Gb 2400mhz
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SC
PSU: Antec Edge Series 750 full modular

Back