Windows 10 Not formatting d drive while installation turned out to be a mess

Luqman

I transfered important data to drive d hoping that I wouldn't have to format the d drive but during the installation, I couldn't download it in the other partion and message appeared "windows cannot be installed to the disk the selected disk is of the gpt partition style". Looked for the solution online and it included cleaning the drive which I cannot because there is important data in it. Would appreciate if someone could provide a solution.

Your D: Drive? Is that a separate partition on "one and the same" hard-drive that is your C: drive???
I couldn't get what you just wrote. I deleted all other partitions and was left with these 2 two and partition 1 has all my data in it

Attachments

• 20190911_121042.jpg
    20190911_121042.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 180
I couldn't get what you just wrote. I deleted all other partitions and was left with these 2 two and partition 1 has all my data in it
In the bottom part of your pic, it says "Windows can not be installed to this drive" and there is a link that says "show details" that you may click on.. Is that where it says its a GPT partition?

While your Unallocated partition is selected, click in the "New" and create a partition using all avaliable space, then you should click on the "Format" and chose NTFS... When that is done... install windows 10 to that new partition..

While your Unallocated partition is selected, click in the "New" and create a partition using all avaliable space, then you should click on the "Format" and chose NTFS... When that is done... install windows 10 to that new partition..
Thanksnbut I was able to install the windows.

Back