Windows 7 Nothing can install on the system

First, this message and similar messages can often be a product of a virus or malware infection, so make sure your system if virus and malware free. Then, assuming of course that you are using an account that is a member of the local administrators group, try right clicking the install executeable and choosing run as administrator, if this works you might try adjusting your UAC settings, if all else fails, take a look at this article. Beware, it recommends making changes to two registry keys and improper editing of the windows registry can result in severe system problems, so make sure you create a restore point and backup any key before editing.
The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

First, this message and similar messages can often be a product of a virus or malware infection, so make sure your system if virus and malware free. Then, assuming of course that you are using an account that is a member of the local administrators group, try right clicking the install executeable and choosing run as administrator, if this works you might try adjusting your UAC settings, if all else fails, take a look at this article. Beware, it recommends making changes to two registry keys and improper editing of the windows registry can result in severe system problems, so make sure you create a restore point and backup any key before editing.
The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

Thanks for the reply. I noticed a similiar problem on the visual studio forum, where someone did not have administrative rights and was having trouble installing visual studio express. (I was having the same problem with vs) It would make sense that the problem relates to admin rights on my desktop.

Back