NVIDIA artifacting?

Matt

Hey all,

Just wondering, is anyone having issues with artifacting on Direct3D stuff, like WMP visualizations and DX9 screensavers? I have a GeForce 6200. This is what I'm getting:

Kyle

Are those lines missing from the image?
Wow, I don't get anything that bad, but I have noticed that I'm getting some D3D issues with what I believe to be some sort of interlacing across the horizontal. It only happens with Video though.

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I am getting something similar on a computer using a 7600 card. I think I have tracked it down to a conflict with java.
I did get a huge improvement using the Nvidia third party installation.
Software Releases - NGOHQ.com

Matt

Hmm, though I'm pretty sure I haven't installed java on that PC. I'll give those drivers to see if that fixes it.

@Kyle: No, it's like there are black bars pushing the image apart in certain parts, not covering it. This also happens in the following scenarios: YouTube video maximized, screen saver other than the default, Windows Media Player's Alchemy>Random visualization, and Windows Live Photo Gallery.

It does NOT happen on a normal sized YouTube video though, the WMP visualizations in Windows Media Center, Half Life 2 Episode 1 (A DX9 game) or Frets on Fire (an OpenGL/Python game). I also have Windows XP on the machine, which doesn't have the articulating issues as well.

Edit @davehc yey! Your suggestion worked, I installed those drivers and no more problems. +rep to you. ;)

Last edited:
... Sameproblem almost

I have the same issue but with OpenGL in fullscreen in windowed mode it works OK.. Anyone know the prob?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.