Open Shell and Lightshot don't register Windows-button or Print Screen button

seriouser

Hey,

I've noticed that since a few days ago my previously working Open Shell and Lightshot have stopped registering the Windows button or the Print screen, respectively.

I can still open both by pressing the buttons with a mouse but the keyboard commands don't register. The Windows-button opens the normal Start Menu and Print Screen opens the Snipping Tool.

I've reinstalled both and the problem persists.

I don't remember there being a Windows update but I've noticed the problem since last Friday the 2nd.

Hi,

It sounds like you might have encountered an issue with Windows updates or some conflict between the Open Shell and Lightshot software and the system settings. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check if your keyboard is working properly by testing it with other applications or try using different keyboard shortcuts for Open Shell and Lightshot.
2. Check if Windows updates have installed any new system settings that might be interfering with the Open Shell and Lightshot software. You can try restoring your system to a previous point before the updates and see if that resolves the issue.
3. Try disabling other keyboard-related software or shortcuts to avoid conflicts with Open Shell and Lightshot.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the Open Shell and Lightshot software and see if that resolves the issue.
5. Contact the software support team for Open Shell and Lightshot to see if they have any troubleshooting steps or fixes for the issue.

I hope one of these solutions works for you. If not, feel free to provide more details or screenshots of the issue so we can provide further assistance.

Back
Top Bottom