Organ transplant patients switch seats on the Titanic

cybercore

December 10, 2010

Weird News: Bad lung beats none at all

Britain’s National Health Service acknowledged in November that, because of a shortage of healthy lungs and other organs available for transplant, it was offering those on waiting lists the option of receiving them from former smokers, drug addicts, cancer patients and the elderly. “You have to say,” said an official with the NHS’s Blood and Transplant unit, “do you get a lung with more risk, or do you get no lung (at all)?”

Better than nothing?

Britain's National Health Service acknowledged in November that, because of a shortage of healthy lungs and other organs available for transplant, it was offering those on waiting lists the option of receiving them from former smokers, drug addicts, cancer patients and the elderly. "You have to say," said an official with the NHS's blood and transplant unit, "do you get a lung with more risk, or do you get no lung (at all)?"

Devil and the deep blue sea it seems.

Mind I'm one to talk. My £27.52p per week is obviously breaking the country when I'm begrudgingly given it. Strange how they never appeared to begrudge taking over £200 per week out of my wage packet without asking. Next stop, self employed with a good tax avoidance, sorry accounting, system.

Back
Top Bottom