Windows 7 Over the top file security and recognition....

Bebop whacker

Greetings all.

I am a Windows 7 Ultimate user, who ran into a problem in a game.
I lost a key-item to continue the story, but to get it back means to reload a save so far back, and I truly do not look forward to this.
So, I figured to simply get me one through the console of that game.
This console has to be activated by adding "-console" behind the exe that starts the game up.
And here the problem begins: when I add the string ("game.exe -console"), Win7 tells me that the target is invalid, that I have to check the file name.
Meaning, so far, I cannot activate the console in that specific game.
Is there a way around this idiotic problem, please?
I'd be very grateful if someone could help me...

Thank you beforehand.

Whats the actual game? I'd also check to see if there is a forum to do with the game as more help could probably be gleaned from there..

The game is Dragon Age Origins (original bought game).
The total command is: "h:\dragon age\daorigins.exe -enabledeveloperconsole".
I tried also "h:\dragon age\daorigins.exe" -enabledeveloperconsole, Win7 accepts this, but the console won't pop up this way...

As I don't actually play the game the best thing I can suggest is trying their support forum..
The link below is to the pc support section:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Erm, the problem is that Win 7 doesn't accept the '-enabledeveloperconsole'.
The problem is not with the game, Win 7 tells me that command "is part of the program's name, and the filename is incorrect'.
As said, the file is on it's place, it just refuses to accept the command line in the shortcut.

True but someone may still have posted something about it in the game forum... Anyway I did a little googling and this link might help:

Edit: I've had to replace the link with a screenshot as for some reason it won't go through to the correct page once I click save..?..weirdLink Removed - Invalid URL

It gives you the target line needed but if it doesn't work try putting (x86) after 'program files' (you'll see what I mean)
Hope this helps..:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom