Paged error in nonpaged area

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation' started by Adams Fright, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Adams Fright

Adams Fright New Member

I was trying to install Windows 10 using bootable usb and there was a power cut off while deletion of a partition was going on. And later on when I started it back, the loading screen keeps on loading quite for long time and then, after 10-15 minutes, a message appears that - paged error in nonpaged area and hence we need to restart. Because of this, I am unable to do anything. Any kind of help will be appreciated and it is quite urgent.

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

If you can boot off the USB again you should be able to enter the repair options (instead of installing).

3. Adams Fright

Adams Fright New Member

Hi kemical, can u please tell me how to do it in detail?

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

5. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

If you were attempting this install on a laptop from a battery, and the battery drained, this type of problem is common. It's critical that if you were doing this on a laptop to have the AC charger plugged into the wall outlet during the entire time of the Win10 download/upgrade process. Power interruptions of any kind can scramble your install/upgrade. If your computer is a desktop PC, and you experienced a blackout/brownout during the install, same thing can happen. Just rescue per kemical's linked instructions.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>