Paint.net Updated

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Paint.net is free!

About
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for PCs that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.

It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP.

Paint.NET - Download

paint.net … there was a time when i used it … about same time as gif-constructor-set. reason i tried paint.net out was because i needed more functionality than what microsoft-paint offered. a friend of mine let me try her paint-shop-pro … and, sadly, paint.net was relegated to the back shelf.

nowadays … even psp is gathering dust. however … when people do ask my opinion/ recommendation of free image editing software … paint.net comes to the front line. thanks for sharing, kemical.

Your welcome Jack and yes I've used it for years..

Yes I also use it
Also new update available if anyone interested
As just updated mine to the latest version

My copy updated the other day but still forgot to post the details. Apologies and here they are:

paint.net 4.0.13 is now available

Download:
Paint.NET - Download

Paint.net has new been updated to version 4.0.16: