Windows 10 PLS HELP, Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 PRO OEM, updater totally bugged ?

tomi95

Hey guys,

First of all, thank you so much for payng attention to my problem. Would really appreciate your help for resolving this problem.

So, I have an Acer Aspire S7 392 Ultrabook (i7 version) with OEM Windows 8.1 PRO installed on it. (means, I've bought the laptop from a store with already this OS installed on it)

My Windows Updater has totally gone crazy; it writes all the time 'Restart your PC to finish installing the updates' ... have done several times and happen nothing but writing the Update has failed.
This 'Upgrade to Windows 10' notification always shows up and offers me to upgrade right now which I just cannot. Tried this for several times as well but happens nothing, it just restarts my laptop.

Means, the updater is aint working, writes in the update history the update has been failed and nor the windows notification works.
Already googled this problem and used the RegCure PRO software to resolve this matter but it didn't help at all.
Have used CCleaner & Bleachbit too to fix my registry, nothing changed.

Please, help. I really want to use Windows 10. Thanks.

OEM Windows 8.1 PRO

I suspect this is your problem since to the best of my knowing a oem licence is only for home… I don't doubt you did somehow get a pro install but you may have to go back to the store that sold it to you or contact Microsoft and ask them what the go is now.

putting the key aside you can download both home and pro 10 with the tool... bypass the gwx app and that may help... ime it's much less stress;
Use this tool: Windows 10

I've never seen a laptop in a store with Pro, I bought my laptop off amazon with Pro. Try clearing out windows updates completely.
  • Press WinKey + R
  • Type services.msc <enter>
  • Right-click Backgrounds Intelligent Transfer service > Stop
  • Right-click Windows Update > Stop
  • Open an explorer window and navigate to C:\Windows
  • Rename SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution.old and restart Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer service

Back