PowerToy application SyncToy 2.1.

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Microsoft has provided a new PowerToy application SyncToy 2.1. It is a free application that will synchronize your files and folders among several locations. What kind of synchronization? Typically this will include sharing operations, such as photos or documents, with other computers and creating backup copies of files and folders.
The engine that runs the synchronization operations is available from the Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0.
What is synchronization? Simply put, if you have stored files in one folder, say in you local hard drive, and you have also stored files in a folder on a remote server, you may want to keep the files in those folders the same, especially the same version. You can do it by hand with copy and replace or you can let the synchronization software do it for you.
SyncToy is a highly customizable program that helps users to avoid the heavy lifting involved with the copying, moving, and synchronization of different directories.

Features:
  • SyncToy can manage multiple sets of folders at the same time
  • it can combine files from two folders in one case
  • it can mimic renames and deletes in another case
  • it can keeps track of renames to files and will make sure those changes get carried over to the synchronized folder
  • It can run on 32 bit and 64 bit systems. Windows 7

Thanks Nehoma . I intend to get it myself . Looks really handy indeed :)

I have it in use now and it works a treat. I am using it in addition to a backup utility to keep second copies of photos documents and downloaded software.

Back