Windows 7 preview pane is being annoying

Mirrorboy

as some of you may have noticed, the preview pane was a bit sketchy in the beta, as in it wouldn't stay in one place. i was hoping that would've been fixed for the RC, but it wasn't. every time i close an explorer window, the preview pane jumps to the side of window, leaving almost no room for icons. is there any way to fix this? the preview pane is very helpful and i really want to use it, but it not staying in one place makes it near impossible.

It seems like you are facing an issue with the preview pane in Windows File Explorer. If the preview pane keeps moving every time you close an Explorer window, it can be quite frustrating. To address this problem and try to stabilize the position of the preview pane, you can attempt the following steps:

### Reset Folder View Settings:
1. Open File Explorer: Launch File Explorer by pressing Windows key + E.
2. Navigate to the Folder: Go to the folder where you are experiencing the issue.
3. View Tab: Click on the View tab at the top of the File Explorer window.
4. Options: Select Options on the far right.
5. Folder Options: In the Folder Options window, navigate to the View tab.
6. Reset Folders: Find and click on the Reset Folders button.
7. Apply and OK: Finally, click Apply and then OK to save the changes.

### Check for Windows Updates:
1. Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date.
2. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that might resolve issues like the one you are facing.

### Third-Party Tools:
If the issue persists after trying the above steps, you may consider using third-party tools that offer advanced customization options for File Explorer's behavior. Tools like QTTabBar or Clover provide additional features and settings that could potentially help in stabilizing the preview pane position.

### Additional Tips:
  • Avoid making changes to the layout of the preview pane manually.
  • Keep an eye out for future Windows updates that may include fixes for this issue.

By following these steps and considering the recommendations provided, you can potentially address the problem with the preview pane moving erratically in Windows File Explorer.

Back