Windows 10 Previous Windows 10 Entreprise was licensed.

ztplru

Extraordinary Member
Hi guys,

Previous Windows 10 Entreprise that came with laptop was licensed, but i made clean install of Windows 10 Entrerprise with Downloaded iso from Microsoft, and now it says that windows 10 enterprise is in evaluation mode, valid for 90 days.
Is there a way to pickup license from previous install? I have a macrium rescue backup, in case that helps. Please let me know?
I ran "slmgr /upk" and "slmgr /cpky" as in
Hope that wasn't a mistake?

Last edited:
Enterprise is subscription-based and only the company that currently rents it is allowed to use it i.e, you can rent it as a company but Microsoft still owns it

as an end user [white - pc] there is no legial way to have it outside of evaluation mode

Enterprise is subscription-based and only the company that currently rents it is allowed to use it i.e, you can rent it as a company but Microsoft still owns it

as an end user [white - pc] there is no legial way to have it outside of evaluation mode
I bought a workstation laptop from corporate stock.
It came with Win 10 enterprise.

There are two types of enterprise licenses MAK and KMS. KMS uses a generic key on the machine which instructs machines to query a KMS DNS service record ( also requires a KMS server) and MAK which is a single license issues to a Corp with x number of devices associated. Neither type is available without a volume license agreement. In other words you'll need to buy a retail license Home or Pro edition

There are two types of enterprise licenses MAK and KMS. KMS uses a generic key on the machine which instructs machines to query a KMS DNS service record ( also requires a KMS server) and MAK which is a single license issues to a Corp with x number of devices associated. Neither type is available without a volume license agreement. In other words you'll need to buy a retail license Home or Pro edition
Got it.

So, after i re-installed Windows with a "Win 10 Enterprise Demo", the licensed enterprise that came with laptop is gone?
I thought the BIOS would pickup the license?

Anyway the enterprise is for IT professionals managing corporate networks or devices.
It's not needed, (even for a small company). Right?

Back