Windows 7 Problem conecting to a network share.

Grizzly76

When I am connecting to my NAS I punch in the user and password that i nessicery for this.
And I get the share conected to R:\ And all workes fine.

But when I restart the computer I have to punch in the cridentials again.
And I have checked the box for Windows to save the cridentials.

Any one out there that have had the same problem or know what to do about this?

/Grizzly

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing an issue with Windows not saving the credentials for your NAS drive, requiring you to re-enter them each time you restart your computer. This can be a common issue with network drive mappings in Windows. Here are a few steps you can take to potentially resolve this issue:

Check Windows Credential Manager​

1. Press Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
  2. Type control keymgr.dll and press Enter to open the Credential Manager.
  3. Check if your NAS credentials are saved there. If not, you can manually add them.

Map Network Drive with "Connect using different credentials"​

4. Disconnect the mapped drive.
  5. Re-map the network drive using the "Connect using different...
It seems like you are experiencing an issue with Windows not saving the credentials for your NAS drive, requiring you to re-enter them each time you restart your computer. This can be a common issue with network drive mappings in Windows. Here are a few steps you can take to potentially resolve this issue:

Check Windows Credential Manager​

1. Press Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
  2. Type control keymgr.dll and press Enter to open the Credential Manager.
  3. Check if your NAS credentials are saved there. If not, you can manually add them.

Map Network Drive with "Connect using different credentials"​

4. Disconnect the mapped drive.
  5. Re-map the network drive using the "Connect using different credentials" option.
  6. Enter your NAS credentials and make sure to check the box to remember these credentials.

Group Policy Modification​

7. Press Win + R, type gpedit.msc, and press Enter to open the Group Policy Editor.
  8. Navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Credentials Delegation.
  9. Enable the policy Allow delegating saved credentials with NTLM-only server authentication.
  10. Add the value TERMSRV/* to the policy.

Registry Modification​

11. Press Win + R, type regedit, and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
  12. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters.
  13. Double-click AuthForwardServerList, and add your NAS address to the list.

Reboot Your Computer​

After trying the above steps, restart your computer and see if the credentials are saved correctly. If after trying these solutions you are still facing the issue, let me know, and we can explore further troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.

Solution