Oliver Franks

I am working on a project in Movie Maker and I have a small clip of a song that I have copied and pasted several times over. I copied and pasted about 4 times, then tried to play the project, and it didn't work. I clicked on the play button on the preview window, and absolutely nothing happened. I tried restarting the computer, and then copying all the video and sound into a new project; it worked with the video but not the sound, so I had to do that from scratch. When it came round to copying this clip again, the same problem happened. The writing on the preview pane is grey, like it is unselected or something, but nothing I do has any effect whatsoever.
Many thanks

Solution
It seems like you are encountering an issue while working in Windows Movie Maker where the project is not playing correctly and the preview pane appears to be unresponsive. This could be due to various reasons such as file corruption, software glitches, or compatibility issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this problem:
1. Check File Compatibility:
- Ensure that the audio and video files you are using in your project are compatible with Windows Movie Maker. Unsupported file types can cause playback issues.
2. Update Graphics and Audio Drivers:
- Outdated or faulty graphics and audio drivers can cause playback issues. Update your drivers to the latest versions to ensure smooth operation...
It seems like you are encountering an issue while working in Windows Movie Maker where the project is not playing correctly and the preview pane appears to be unresponsive. This could be due to various reasons such as file corruption, software glitches, or compatibility issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this problem:
1. Check File Compatibility:
- Ensure that the audio and video files you are using in your project are compatible with Windows Movie Maker. Unsupported file types can cause playback issues.
2. Update Graphics and Audio Drivers:
- Outdated or faulty graphics and audio drivers can cause playback issues. Update your drivers to the latest versions to ensure smooth operation.
3. Clear Cache and Temporary Files:
- Clearing the cache and temporary files of Windows Movie Maker can sometimes resolve performance issues. You can do this by going to the settings or preferences of the application.
4. Split the Project:
- If the issue persists with the entire project, try splitting it into smaller segments and working on them individually. This can help isolate the problematic section.
5. Disable Background Apps:
- Close any unnecessary background applications that might be consuming system resources, as they can interfere with the playback of your project.
6. Reinstall Windows Movie Maker:
- If none of the above solutions work, consider uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Movie Maker. This can help in fixing any corrupted installation files.
7. Update Windows Movie Maker:
- Check for updates for Windows Movie Maker. Installing the latest updates can include bug fixes and compatibility improvements.
8. Use Alternative Video Editing Software:
- If the issue persists, you may want to consider using alternative video editing software that is more stable and reliable.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the playback issue in Windows Movie Maker and continue working on your project without further interruptions. Let me know if you need more specific guidance on any of these steps!

Solution
Back