Windows 7 Problems with computer after RAM upgrade.. [ Please Help ]

JoshHarvey1

Hey,

I recently, well today. Upgraded my system from 512mb RAM to 1GB, But ever since after that it appears to always go to a blue screen then reboots my computer at random times. Ive tried everything even the virtual memory thing and its still not haviny any of it.. Is there a possibility i will have to re-install vista to get it working or is there a way to stop this without havign to re-install ?

Any help would be very much appreciated,
Thanks,
Josh. :)

Yup sounds like a classic case of a faulty module. You could try swopping the sticks around but I doubt it'll help much. As Mike suggested use the links provided and test the RAM sticks individually as testing them both together can give a false result.
If the RAM is indeed faulty then just return it to the place of purchase who should replace it no problem.
If however no fault is found, post back..

question: is the new ram the same as the old ram. example - pc 3200 with a pc 3200 is ok. pc 3200 with pc 2700 is not. always use the same or higher never go lower.

Just to be on the safe side RAM should always be the same..
The only thing is, if you choose higher spec'd RAM it will run at the speed of the slowest module fitted so if you put pc3200 with pc 2700 and it actually ran, the speed would only be pc2700.

I had the dreaded blue screen appear on a regular basis after building my new pc. I was told it was more than likely a RAM module at fault too.
Then as if by magic the problem dissapeared!! I had made no changes to hardware or software but it did seem to have rectified itself after a Windows Update had installed itself. This is not to say that you don't have a faulty module or something else.
My main BSOD errors were MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and PFN-LIST-CORRUPT.
Strange how it rectified itself !!!

Sorry i havent been on for a while, so much coursework to do :(.

Anyway i removed one module and now its workign fine for some reason. ill send it back to the company and get a new one.

Thanks so much for all of your help :), Means alot :)

Josh.

Back
Top Bottom