Windows 7 Question about Middle Click taskbar

PremiumSaltine

I'm dual booting with XP and 7RC1. With XP I use a program called TaskbarShuffle. It allows me to middle click on a program running in the taskbar to close the program.

In Win7, middle clicking opens a copy of the same program and TaskbarShuffle doesn't work with Win7 yet. Is there any way to change the middle mouse button's behavior through the registry or does anybody know of another program that will do it?

This is the only reason RC1 is not my only operating system. Please help.

Thank you.

To change the behavior of the middle mouse button on Windows 7's taskbar, you can use a third-party tool called "7+ Taskbar Tweaker." This tool allows you to customize various aspects of the Windows taskbar, including the behavior of the middle mouse button.

Here's how you can use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to achieve the functionality you're looking for:

### Steps:
1. Download 7+ Taskbar Tweaker:
- You can download it from the official website: 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

2. Install the Tool:
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the program on your Windows 7 system.

3. Configure Middle Mouse Button Behavior:
- Once installed, open the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker application.
- Look for the option related to the middle mouse button behavior (usually found under the "Mouse Button Control" or similar section).
- Configure it to close the program when you middle-click on a taskbar item.

4. Apply Changes and Test:
- Save your settings within the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker application.
- Test by middle-clicking on a program in the Windows 7 taskbar to see if the behavior has been changed to your preference.

### Additional Notes:
  • 7+ Taskbar Tweaker is a reputable tool that many users have found useful for customizing Windows taskbar behavior.
  • Remember to download software only from trusted sources to avoid potential security risks.

By using 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, you should be able to replicate the functionality that you enjoyed with TaskbarShuffle in Windows XP. If you encounter any issues during the installation or configuration, feel free to ask for further assistance.

Back