Windows 10 Radeon Recommendations

Axel PC

Honorable Member
Can I get some recommendations on what Radeon card to get please?

My GPU knowledge stops back in...oh 2004. I understand that it doesn't matter if you have an Intel or AMD and Radeon or Nvidia. I would just prefer to have a Radeon because I have an AMD CPU and it's just the geek in me to keep them the same lol.

I'm not a "gamer" but do enjoy playing games now and then. Some examples of the games I play are StarCraft II, The Long Dark, Fallout 3 (would like to play Fallout 4 but need a good GPU). My current GPU can't support max settings for these game or it can only do the basic settings (like for StarCraft II). I also do a lot of family video editing with not problems. But when it's a lot of editing stuff and finalizing it, it does take a long time.

Price wise, I'd like to keep it under $100.

I put my system specs below. Thanks all!

• System Specs
    • GeForce GT 730 (current GPU)
    • HP 25vx (monitor)
    • AMD A10-6700
    • 16MB Ram
    • Asus mobo
    • 500W PSU

@kemical This is great information, thanks! I can understand what you mean by increasing the performance by at least 25%, that does make sense. So considering that, I would be willing to go over $100. But nothing crazy, just to hit that 25% increase.

So would you say the AMD Radeon R7 360 is a worth while 25% performance increase?

Last edited:
Very nice and a good price too! The card will need it's own power connector so don't forget to plug it in. If your PSU doesn't have a dedicated PCIE cable then don't worry as one will come with the card. Best of luck and if you get any problems please post back.

Cool glad to get some positive feedback on it. Yeah my PSU has a 6 connector. This will definitely be a major upgrade, I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks! I definitely will post if I'm having any issues.

That is a very nice upgrade the R7 370 (the older 270 was an 'r9") but it's basically the equivalent of the HD 7870, which is still a very good GPU. Also your R7 370 is Direct X 12 compliant! Happy gaming dude :)

Thanks! Yeah it's been such a big difference in playing games and rendering pdfs. I'm really happy that I upgraded.

Sent from my Note 4 using Windows Forum mobile app

Awesome! anytime you can get around than 45-50+ FPS sustained in games on high settings it's such a great experience and the R7 370 is more than capable of doing that. The primary games that you might have to turn down some settigs on would be Crysis 3, Witcher 3, and Dying Light, but in Dying light you can simply turn down the view disance and you are good to go. Using High settings instead of Ultra with a few settings on medium, with no anti-aliasing will also help you with those particular games

Yeah it's been great for Fallout 3! It's almost like playing it for the first time again since it looks so good. I've never played any of those games. For the next game I want to play Stalker. I know it's very old. But the Chernobyl story is what really draws me to it. I'm just waiting for a good sale to show up on Steam for it and/or the bundle.

show up on Steam for it and/or the bundle.
STEAM's summer sale is due to start soonish I think.. June 23rd Maybe? STALKER is still a great set of games although I find that peeps tend to either love it or hate it.

Cool I'll remember to keep a look out at that time. Funny how people get about some games? I think since I'm such a casual gamer, seriously I'm always 3-5 years behind in playing games, that when I do get around to playing one I still get impressed by the graphics and what at the time of the game release, new gaming features, haha! So I'm easy to impress as far as gaming goes. I will still stare at the details of the buildings and soldiers in Empire Earth, and be like "oh that's pretty neat!"

Back