Recent folders in quick access menu

akperio

Does anyone know how Windows chooses which recent folders to display in the File Explorer's Quick Access menu? My software continuously displays slightly older folders, not the most recent ones. It randomly will add a new one however.

I've tried opening folder several times in a row and it still won't display on the quick access menu. I've also tried saving/deleting items from a folder to get it to show but it doesn't work.

I would really like to be able to use this feature if I can get it to work right.

Thanks!
Rick
Windows 11 Pro V22H2 64-bit

It's based on the frequency and recency of usage. The best you can do to try to fix this is perhaps:

1. Clear the Quick Access history: Right-click on the Quick Access menu and select "Options" > "Change folder and search options." In the Folder Options window, go to the "Privacy" tab and click on "Clear" under "Recent files."
  2. Rebuild the index: Go to Windows Search settings and click on "Rebuild." This will rebuild the index of all files and folders on your system, which may help resolve the issue with Quick Access.

Back