Recommendation for inexpensive all-in-one PC needed

DominikHoffmann

I am looking to recommend an inexpensive all-in-one PC for purchase to one of my clients. Ideally, it would be easy to upgrade both storage and RAM, in order to keep up with increasing OS demands over the next few years.

I came across the Dell Optiplex 3280, but there were some nasty 1-star reviews on it on Dell’s own website. It also cannot be purchased with an upgrade to 16 GB of RAM. Crucial does list it as being upgradeable, but I have no idea, how cumbersome that will be. It would hopefully be a lot easier than upgrading the RAM on a 2019 21.5-in iMac, which I have done successfully.

I don't recommend an all-in-one. If the monitor goes bad it's cost prohibitive to repair. I would suggest a desktop w/monitor.

I also agree that the best solution is a desktop with a monitor. I also like a monitor and a table with which you can work partially standing up so as not to get tired of sitting in a chair)))))

I also agree desk top with Monitor, If anything Dies It not always a big job as it is normally the extra bits that can easily be replaced.
Can still remember a Friend was convinced to buy an all in one, when he knocked his coffee over in to the keyboard, as it was part of the all in one part joined in to the main box, it was going to cost him almost as much as the whole system was when he bought it.
The system was never used after the data was recovered. it sits as his foot stool under the computer desk.

Back
Top Bottom