Windows 7 Reminder App.has stopped working

WilliamP

Extraordinary Member
I have built a new computer and have Windows 7 64 bit operating system. On every boot I get a pop up saying Reminder App has stopped working. Then it wants to know if I want to send a report. What is this? I have found the answer. You have to go to Start,Msconfig ,Startup Tag ,then scroll down to find( Reminder program). Then uncheck the box. Don't know anything about the program or how it got there.

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you have encountered a pop-up related to the "Reminder App" that is causing issues on your new computer with Windows 7 64-bit operating system. The pop-up indicating that the Reminder App has stopped working and prompts you to send a report typically suggests that the application is encountering errors during startup.
The steps you have mentioned to resolve this issue by disabling the Reminder program from starting up automatically are correct. By using the System Configuration tool (msconfig), you can disable the automatic startup of this program, which should prevent the pop-up from appearing on every boot.
Here's a recap of the steps in a structured format:
1. Click on the "Start" button.
2. Type "msconfig" in the...
It seems like you have encountered a pop-up related to the "Reminder App" that is causing issues on your new computer with Windows 7 64-bit operating system. The pop-up indicating that the Reminder App has stopped working and prompts you to send a report typically suggests that the application is encountering errors during startup.
The steps you have mentioned to resolve this issue by disabling the Reminder program from starting up automatically are correct. By using the System Configuration tool (msconfig), you can disable the automatic startup of this program, which should prevent the pop-up from appearing on every boot.
Here's a recap of the steps in a structured format:
1. Click on the "Start" button.
2. Type "msconfig" in the search box and press Enter to open the System Configuration tool.
3. Navigate to the "Startup" tab in the System Configuration window.
4. Locate the "Reminder program" in the list of startup items.
5. Uncheck the box next to the "Reminder program" to prevent it from starting up automatically.
6. Click on "Apply" and then "OK" to save the changes.
7. Restart your computer to apply the changes.
By following these steps, you should be able to stop the pop-up from appearing on every boot. As for the origin of the Reminder App and how it got installed on your system, it could be part of another software you installed or a standalone application that was included in the system settings. It's also possible that it might have been installed unintentionally along with another program.
If you no longer need the Reminder App or if it's causing issues, disabling its automatic startup should resolve the problem. If you want to further investigate the origins of this application or ensure that your system is clean from any unwanted software, you can also consider running a thorough antivirus scan.
Let me know if you need any further assistance or if you have any other questions related to this issue!

Solution
Back