Remove Grub in Dual Boot System

abrinton

Let me begin by saying I think Mint 12 is a terrific OS, which I am using on several computers. But I have computers on which I use Music Bee in Windows 7 for my music files and want direct boot to Windows without any disk space devoted to Mint. I spent several days looking at complicated instructions for removing Grub and finally accidentally discovered a simple solution, which is as follows: In Windows, download Partition Wizard at MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition - Download.com Install. Partitioning will be blocked by Grub. But on your left hit Rebuild MBR. This will take only a few seconds. Reboot, and Windows 7 will boot. Then you can go into Partition Wizard and eliminate the Ubuntu partitions and expand your Windows data partition to take up the freed up space.

abrinton, welcome to the forum!

That's one way to repair your system, and a good one. Those partitioning disks are great to have, and has saved the day for me more than once. Many users don't realize how important these tools are, until they need them.

Great tutorial!

Cat

Back
Top Bottom