Removing Personal Windows Account from Work PC

mkaz

I'm leaving my job of six years in about 10 days and I need some guidance. We use Windows 8.1 and there was no special account attached to it when I was hired. I signed in to my personal account and have been using it here at work for the past five years. It dawned on me after I gave notice that I need to do that and I went to see the options and 1) no other account is available and 2) all the files used for work, will they be accessible if I create a local account and delete my personal account, which has admin rights. Am I able to do anything at all??? We are a small business with no IT person what so ever, so I have to reach out. Please, can someone help point me in the right direction?

mkaz

Under settings you can switch the system to local account. Then just login and use a tool such as sdelete and wipe out your account profile. SDelete - Windows Sysinternals

Okay, I will try that. Will all the programs on my profile be accessible on the new local account? I know, it seems like a stupid question, but I have to ask. I know I will probably have to recreate short cuts and such, which I am okay with. Thank you for the suggestion!!!! Much appreciated.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
It depends, but in most cases the account should be able to access any of the programs.