Windows 8 Removing Personal Windows Account from Work PC

mkaz

I'm leaving my job of six years in about 10 days and I need some guidance. We use Windows 8.1 and there was no special account attached to it when I was hired. I signed in to my personal account and have been using it here at work for the past five years. It dawned on me after I gave notice that I need to do that and I went to see the options and 1) no other account is available and 2) all the files used for work, will they be accessible if I create a local account and delete my personal account, which has admin rights. Am I able to do anything at all??? We are a small business with no IT person what so ever, so I have to reach out. Please, can someone help point me in the right direction?

Under settings you can switch the system to local account. Then just login and use a tool such as sdelete and wipe out your account profile. SDelete - Windows Sysinternals

Okay, I will try that. Will all the programs on my profile be accessible on the new local account? I know, it seems like a stupid question, but I have to ask. I know I will probably have to recreate short cuts and such, which I am okay with. Thank you for the suggestion!!!! Much appreciated.

It depends, but in most cases the account should be able to access any of the programs.

Back