2002z06

What a mess, did a XP install on my 350 GB drive, then win 7 install on my 1TB drive, everything was working fine could boot to either XP or win 7 at boot screen. Then I decided to setup up 0 raid with 2 TB drives for win 7, that worked fine, but have to change boot drives in bios to work correctly. I hosed my bootmgr file in XP, I had to rename it in win 7 so I could get XP to work. How can I restore the boot manager so I don't have to change boot drives in bios to access each version of windows.

It seems like you've gone through quite a bit with your Windows installations and boot configurations. To address the issue of restoring the boot manager so that you don't have to change boot drives in the BIOS to access each version of Windows, you can follow these steps:
### Steps to Restore the Boot Manager:
1. Boot from your Windows 7 Installation Disc:
- Insert your Windows 7 installation disc into your CD/DVD drive.
- Restart your computer and boot from the installation disc. You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD drive.
2. Access System Recovery Options:
- When the Windows Setup screen appears, choose your language and keyboard layout preferences.
- Click on "Repair your computer" at the bottom left corner.
3. Launch Command Prompt:
- In the System Recovery Options, select the option for Command Prompt.
4. Run Bootrec Commands:
- In the Command Prompt, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
Code:
shell
     bootrec /fixmbr
     bootrec /fixboot
     bootrec /rebuildbcd
5. Restart Your Computer:
- After running these commands successfully, type exit and press Enter to close the Command Prompt.
- Restart your computer and remove the Windows 7 installation disc.
6. Check Boot Menu:
- Upon restarting, you should see the Windows Boot Manager screen with options for both Windows XP and Windows 7.
### Additional Notes:
  • It's always recommended to back up important data before making changes to your system.
  • Remember to choose the correct operating system when rebuilding the boot manager to ensure all versions of Windows are recognized.
By following these steps, you should be able to restore the boot manager and access both Windows XP and Windows 7 without needing to change the boot drives in the BIOS each time. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, feel free to ask!