Windows 7 Right click personalization and screen resolution problem

stanleyy

Hello all

I went to change my wallpaper the other day and when i right-click and press the personalization section i get an error message saying "doesn't support this interface"

The same thing happens with the resolution problem section too

But when i go to the control panel and click on personalization and resolution , it works

What seems to be the problem ?

Thanks

Solution
It seems like you are encountering issues accessing the personalization and resolution settings through the context menu but are able to access them from the Control Panel. This issue might be related to a specific setting or configuration on your system. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this problem:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Check for Updates:
- Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, system updates can resolve interface-related issues.
2. Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan:
- Run an SFC scan to check for and repair any corrupted system files that might be causing the issue.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type: sfc /scannow
It seems like you are encountering issues accessing the personalization and resolution settings through the context menu but are able to access them from the Control Panel. This issue might be related to a specific setting or configuration on your system. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this problem:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Check for Updates:
- Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, system updates can resolve interface-related issues.
2. Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan:
- Run an SFC scan to check for and repair any corrupted system files that might be causing the issue.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type: sfc /scannow
3. Check Context Menu Settings:
- It's possible that there might be an issue with the context menu settings related to personalization and resolution options.
- You can try a tool like ShellExView to manage and disable unnecessary shell extensions that might be causing conflicts.
4. Reset Personalization Settings:
- Resetting the personalization settings might help resolve the problem.
- Go to Settings > Personalization > Themes, and try to reset the theme settings.
5. Create a New User Profile:
- Sometimes, user profile corruption can lead to interface issues. Creating a new user profile and checking if the problem persists can help identify the root cause.
6. Check for Third-Party Software Interference:
- Certain third-party software or applications can interfere with Windows settings. Try disabling startup programs and non-Microsoft services using Task Manager to see if the issue is resolved.
7. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can impact resolution settings and cause interface errors.
Try these steps and see if any of them help resolve the issue you are experiencing with accessing personalization and resolution settings via the context menu. If the problem persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back