Windows 7 RMClock 2.35 on 32bit win7 7000

AcidBurns

Hy guys (and girls ;D)

I had been running notebook hardware control for now about 1 week until I noticed that it consumes more power than it saves, so I tried RMClock 2.35.0.

This program works fine, but it crashes after about 5-10 minutes without any action I took on the program. even if the pc isn't used at all after opening, it crashes.
I also tried XP Sp2 and Vista mode on RMClock.exe and startet it as Administrator but nothing worked.

I'm running 32bit win 7 7000 on an Acer Travelmate 8204 WLMI:
- Core Duo 2.0 ghz 666 mhz fsb (Intel Yonah)
- 2 GB Ram
- Ati mobility Radeon 1600
- 120 gb hdd Sata 5200 u/min

drivers all newest available, except for ati mobility, where I can't use the betadriver because it isn't compatible with the mobility cards.

any solutions?

greetings,

acidburns

Hello acidburns,

It seems like you're facing issues with RMClock crashing on your Windows 7 system running on an Acer Travelmate 8204 WLMI. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the crashing issue:

1. Compatibility Mode:
- Since you've already tried running RMClock in XP SP2 and Vista compatibility modes without success, you can try a different compatibility mode. Sometimes, choosing a different compatibility mode can resolve compatibility issues.

2. Check Event Viewer:
- Check the Windows Event Viewer for any error messages related to the crash. This can provide more specific information on why RMClock is crashing.

3. Run as Administrator:
- Ensure you're running RMClock as an administrator. Right-click on the RMClock shortcut or executable and select "Run as administrator."

4. Check for Updates:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of RMClock installed. Check the developer's website for any updates or patches that might address the crashing issue.

5. Alternative Software:
- Consider trying alternative software for CPU and hardware control. ThrottleStop and HWiNFO are popular alternatives that you can explore.

6. Update Graphics Drivers:
- While you mentioned that the ATI Mobility Radeon driver is up-to-date, you can double-check on the manufacturer's website for any new drivers that might have been released.

7. System Stability:
- Verify the overall stability of your system. Run a system file checker scan (sfc scannow) to check for any system file corruption.

8. Resource Monitoring:
- Use Windows Task Manager to monitor resource usage when RMClock is running. High CPU or memory usage might provide insights into the cause of the crash.

9. Reinstall RMClock:
- Completely uninstall RMClock, restart your system, and then reinstall the application. This might resolve any potential installation issues.

10. Contact Support:
- If none of the above solutions work, consider reaching out to the developer's support for further assistance.

Try these steps and see if they help resolve the crashing issue with RMClock on your system. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Back