Windows 7 Rumor: new build due out tomorrow in x64 flavor

blackroseMD1

Extraordinary Member
So, I heard from someone who usually has access to builds that there will be another x64 build coming tomorrow. All I know so far is that it is not 7231, but probably a bit later than that. I have no idea yet if it will be ISO or VHD, we'll just have to wait and see.

Hi there
build 7231 its a vhd - can't confirm whether genuine or not.

Looks like the RTM will be released at end of next week - but it's not yet known whether the RC keys will continue to work.

This is where MSDN Technet subscription will start being useful for future W7 builds -- I suspect that 7229 build is the last one where the RC keys will work.

Cheers
jimbo

You could well be right there Jim . Guess us folk without TechNet subscriptions will have to fall back on tried and trusted methods .
Begging and looking around a lot

Looks like the RTM will be released at end of next week

What? A real RTM - final Windows 7.0 next week already? Why are they in such a rush? Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to getting the final version, I would just prefer if they took more time testing and fixing. Also, there still hasn't been a build with version 7.0, has there?

but it's not yet known whether the RC keys will continue to work.

I very much doubt it - there is no reason why they should. Oh well, I guess they will get quite a few more MSDN/TechNet subscribers I know I want the legal RTM a lot sooner than 22 October

You just contradicted yourself really good there.. lol I don't understand why your all in such a rush to get the RTM.. Yes it will be good to see how Microsoft is coming along with Win 7 but holy sh*t, the RC works PERFECTLY FINE... Oh well, makes me glad I have a Technet Subscription..

If the file you get from torrents has the exact same MD5, SHA1, etc. number as the legal one, it doesn't make a difference right?

Where did I contradict myself...? I know the RC works (nearly) perfectly fine, I'm using it on my works laptop 9 hours a day every day. I'd just like to have the final version - I'm sure the RC testing brought up a few issues that needed to be fixed and I doubt they will be releasing these fixes thru Windows Update.

Anyway, the TechNet/MSDN subscription will probably be the only legal way how to obtain a copy of Windows 7 RTM before the GA date of 22 October, won't it?

piit,,, only answer is ,,, maybe

Master Chief,,, while the official answer is yes. As I am not sure the hash can be forged. It is what everyone uses to authenticate files and software. So, I would trust it, as long as they match.

Yes, a Technet/MSDN subscription will be the only "legal" way to get the RTM.. unless of course your one of Microsoft's internal partners.. Or if you want to argue the 'legality' of using torrents to obtain the RTM.. lol I'm glad I renewed my Technet Subscription..

Or if you want to argue the 'legality' of using torrents to obtain the RTM.. lol I'm glad I renewed my Technet Subscription..

I think torrents are irrelevant here... For your installation to be legal you have to have a legally obtained CD Key, which will presumably be available only to OEMs, M$ partners and MSDN/TechNet subscribers... Oh well, not quite sure I'm willing to shell out some £234 + VAT for the TechNet Plus subscription since there is not much software I don't have a legal access to - another alternative may be Microsoft Action Pack, but not sure Windows 7 will be included early enough I'm just about to install 7229 so might stick with that for a while

jimbo45 said:
I suspect that 7229 build is the last one where the RC keys will work

Your suspicion appears to be wrong as i was able to activate my 7231 build x86 installation using an rc product key..

Your suspicion appears to be wrong as i was able to activate my 7231 build x86 installation using an rc product key..

Have not installed 7231 but well can believe the RC keys work . Reason they work with 7229 so why not with 7223

Last edited:
Can i ask what is vhd.

Whats the difference between vhd and iso and why are the late ones coming in vhd forms instead of iso.

Can i ask what is vhd.

Whats the difference between vhd and iso and why are the late ones coming in vhd forms instead of iso.

The VHD is a vitual setup and the ISO is actually setup as your OS .
Not sure why so many are emerging as VHD ?

Is there any way to convert/recreate the VHD as an ISO? Like to open the VHD and compress all the files to an ISO or something...

Thats a great question
Would like to do that this way too Havent installed it as its in VHD .

Just added to your rep Master Chief . A good post indeed .

Last edited: