Windows 7 Rumor: new build due out tomorrow in x64 flavor

blackroseMD1

Extraordinary Member
So, I heard from someone who usually has access to builds that there will be another x64 build coming tomorrow. All I know so far is that it is not 7231, but probably a bit later than that. I have no idea yet if it will be ISO or VHD, we'll just have to wait and see.

Hi there
build 7231 its a vhd - can't confirm whether genuine or not.

Looks like the RTM will be released at end of next week - but it's not yet known whether the RC keys will continue to work.

This is where MSDN Technet subscription will start being useful for future W7 builds -- I suspect that 7229 build is the last one where the RC keys will work.

Cheers
jimbo

You could well be right there Jim . Guess us folk without TechNet subscriptions will have to fall back on tried and trusted methods .
Begging :rolleyes: and looking around a lot :D

Looks like the RTM will be released at end of next week

What? A real RTM - final Windows 7.0 next week already? Why are they in such a rush? :) Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to getting the final version, I would just prefer if they took more time testing and fixing. Also, there still hasn't been a build with version 7.0, has there?

but it's not yet known whether the RC keys will continue to work.

I very much doubt it - there is no reason why they should. Oh well, I guess they will get quite a few more MSDN/TechNet subscribers :) I know I want the legal RTM a lot sooner than 22 October ;)

What? A real RTM - final Windows 7.0 next week already? Why are they in such a rush? Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to getting the final version, I would just prefer if they took more time testing and fixing. Also, there still hasn't been a build with version 7.0, has there?

I very much doubt it - there is no reason why they should. Oh well, I guess they will get quite a few more MSDN/TechNet subscribers :) I know I want the legal RTM a lot sooner than 22 October ;)

You just contradicted yourself really good there.. lol ;) I don't understand why your all in such a rush to get the RTM.. Yes it will be good to see how Microsoft is coming along with Win 7 but holy sh*t, the RC works PERFECTLY FINE... ;) Oh well, makes me glad I have a Technet Subscription.. ;)

If the file you get from torrents has the exact same MD5, SHA1, etc. number as the legal one, it doesn't make a difference right? :p

You just contradicted yourself really good there.. lol ;) I don't understand why your all in such a rush to get the RTM.. Yes it will be good to see how Microsoft is coming along with Win 7 but holy sh*t, the RC works PERFECTLY FINE... ;) Oh well, makes me glad I have a Technet Subscription.. ;)

Where did I contradict myself...? I know the RC works (nearly) perfectly fine, I'm using it on my works laptop 9 hours a day every day. I'd just like to have the final version - I'm sure the RC testing brought up a few issues that needed to be fixed and I doubt they will be releasing these fixes thru Windows Update.

Anyway, the TechNet/MSDN subscription will probably be the only legal way how to obtain a copy of Windows 7 RTM before the GA date of 22 October, won't it?

piit,,, only answer is ,,, maybe

Master Chief,,, while the official answer is yes. As I am not sure the hash can be forged. It is what everyone uses to authenticate files and software. So, I would trust it, as long as they match.

Where did I contradict myself...? I know the RC works (nearly) perfectly fine, I'm using it on my works laptop 9 hours a day every day. I'd just like to have the final version - I'm sure the RC testing brought up a few issues that needed to be fixed and I doubt they will be releasing these fixes thru Windows Update.

Anyway, the TechNet/MSDN subscription will probably be the only legal way how to obtain a copy of Windows 7 RTM before the GA date of 22 October, won't it?

Yes, a Technet/MSDN subscription will be the only "legal" way to get the RTM.. unless of course your one of Microsoft's internal partners.. ;) Or if you want to argue the 'legality' of using torrents to obtain the RTM.. lol ;) I'm glad I renewed my Technet Subscription.. :)

Or if you want to argue the 'legality' of using torrents to obtain the RTM.. lol ;) I'm glad I renewed my Technet Subscription.. :)

I think torrents are irrelevant here... For your installation to be legal you have to have a legally obtained CD Key, which will presumably be available only to OEMs, M$ partners and MSDN/TechNet subscribers... Oh well, not quite sure I'm willing to shell out some £234 + VAT for the TechNet Plus subscription since there is not much software I don't have a legal access to - another alternative may be Microsoft Action Pack, but not sure Windows 7 will be included early enough :) I'm just about to install 7229 so might stick with that for a while :)

jimbo45 said:
I suspect that 7229 build is the last one where the RC keys will work

Your suspicion appears to be wrong as i was able to activate my 7231 build x86 installation using an rc product key..

Your suspicion appears to be wrong as i was able to activate my 7231 build x86 installation using an rc product key..

Have not installed 7231 but well can believe the RC keys work . Reason they work with 7229 so why not with 7223 :)

Last edited:
Can i ask what is vhd.

Whats the difference between vhd and iso and why are the late ones coming in vhd forms instead of iso.

Can i ask what is vhd.

Whats the difference between vhd and iso and why are the late ones coming in vhd forms instead of iso.

The VHD is a vitual setup and the ISO is actually setup as your OS .
Not sure why so many are emerging as VHD ?

Is there any way to convert/recreate the VHD as an ISO? Like to open the VHD and compress all the files to an ISO or something...

Thats a great question :)
Would like to do that this way too :) Havent installed it as its in VHD . :D

Just added to your rep Master Chief . A good post indeed .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom