Windows 8 Run .exe with using cutom resolution with .bat/.cmd?

GTXPlayer

I'm new to batch files and I know a few basic commands but I want to go into the more in-depth commands, such as runnin files with different attrbutes etc. There is another I want to use by i'm not sure if it's possible. So:

Is it possible to run a .exe (executable) file in a custom resolution using a batch or command line/interpreter file, If so, what are the commands to do so?

I have as far as this: 'START C:\Games\Game\Example.exe'

Info:
I'm using Win 8.1
The program is 32-bit
The file contains a Game.

Last edited:
Solution
To run a .exe file in a custom resolution using a batch file or command line, you can use a tool called "QRes" that allows you to change the screen resolution before launching an application. Here's how you can achieve this:
  1. Download QRes:
    • Download the QRes utility from the official website: QRes.
    []Create a Batch File:
    • Create a batch file (e.g., run_game.bat) in the same directory as QRes.exe and Example.exe.
    [
    ]Edit the Batch File:
    • Edit the batch file to include the following commands:
      Code:
      batch @ECHO OFF rem Set the resolution using QRes QRes.exe /x:1280 /y:720 rem Run the game START "" "C:\Games\Game\Example.exe"
    []Modify the...
To run a .exe file in a custom resolution using a batch file or command line, you can use a tool called "QRes" that allows you to change the screen resolution before launching an application. Here's how you can achieve this:
  1. Download QRes:
    • Download the QRes utility from the official website: QRes.
    []Create a Batch File:
    • Create a batch file (e.g., run_game.bat) in the same directory as QRes.exe and Example.exe.
    [
    ]Edit the Batch File:
    • Edit the batch file to include the following commands:
      Code:
      batch @ECHO OFF rem Set the resolution using QRes QRes.exe /x:1280 /y:720 rem Run the game START "" "C:\Games\Game\Example.exe"
    []Modify the Resolution:
    • In the batch file, the /x parameter sets the horizontal resolution and the /y parameter sets the vertical resolution. Replace 1280 and 720 with your desired resolution.
    [
    ]Run the Batch File:
    • Double-click on the batch file (run_game.bat) to run the game in the custom resolution. By using the QRes utility in your batch file, you can change the screen resolution before launching the .exe file. This method allows you to run the game in a custom resolution as per your requirements. Please note that the resolution change might affect the display of other applications temporarily, so it's recommended to set it back to the original resolution after exiting the game.

Solution
Back