Windows Vista Sam Diaz: Is iPhone 4 becoming Apple’s Windows Vista?

This is a humorous article from the Kansas City Star about issues with the iPhone4

Best Buy to iPhone/Evo video guy: Welcome back. But he'll pass

A week ago, Brian Maupin was suspended from his job selling phones at the Independence Best Buy for posting videos that lampooned iPhone and Evo devotees and the store's customers.

Late Tuesday, Best Buy issued the following statement:
“We have completed our investigation into the videos created and posted by Brian Maupin, the aspiring film-maker and Best Buy employee. This is an important situation for us because it involved balancing our social media guidelines with a commitment to creating a supportive environment for our employees. It’s important to note that our investigation involved three videos that were posted in late June because they were openly disparaging of our employees, our customers and our vendor partners. Our investigation is over, and these videos are no longer on the web. Contrary to rumors, Brian has not been fired, and is scheduled to return to his job at Best Buy this Friday.”
But the 25-year-old Maupin isn't ready to go back.

Here's what he e-mailed to the Star:
"(The company statement) is a 180 from what they were saying Thursday, but I guess me they either made peace with the videos I left up or decided the others weren't so bad. Here's a statement I'm issuing as well:
"Right now I'm planning on taking a leave of absence so I may survey my current career plans and the future. I'm not sure if it would be comfortable returning to Best Buy considering the circumstances, but I will definitely consider all options."

It was this video that drew attention to the 25-year-old Maupin's satirical animations. It has drawn more than 3.3 million views on YouTube. It mocks people with their hearts set on getting the new iPhone 4 on AT&T's network. He also posted an equally snarky, and profane, video that poked fun of the HTC Evo 4G available on Sprint's network. Neither mentions Best Buy.

But some earlier videos he posted -- and that drew far less attention -- did mention his employer and made fun of clueless customers.

CAUTION: The video above has strong language and statements!

SOURCE

Back
Top Bottom