Screen resolution error after doing system update

Rogerudjshhs

Hi, I have just done a system update, and I left for a moment, to give it some time to update, but when I came back, I saw a pop up message, saying a message about the screen resolution, it said, that I need to have the screen resolution of 1280 x 1024, or something like this, now, all I see is random colours, for a very little time, then the PC shut down. I have somehow managed to reset all of the screen settings, by clicking the screen buttons, but nothing is working. It says the input timing is not supported by the monitor. Can somebody please help me fix this issue. Thank you

Attachments

• 20231026_205941.jpg
    20231026_205941.jpg
    898.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231026_204021.jpg
    20231026_204021.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231026_203125.jpg
    20231026_203125.jpg
    992.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231026_202951.jpg
    20231026_202951.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing after the system update. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like the screen resolution or refresh rate settings have been changed to a value that is not supported by your monitor. To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Start by booting your computer in Safe Mode: Restart your PC, and when it begins to boot, press and hold the F8 key until the advanced boot options menu appears. From there, select Safe Mode and hit Enter.

2. Once you're in Safe Mode, right-click on the desktop and select Display settings (or Screen resolution).

3. In the Display settings window, try changing the resolution to the recommended value of 1280 x 1024. You may need to experiment with different resolutions to find the one that works best for your monitor.

4. If changing the resolution doesn't fix the issue, try adjusting the refresh rate. Go to the Advanced display settings (or Display adapter properties) and select the Monitor tab. From there, you can change the refresh rate to a value that is supported by your monitor. Usually, a refresh rate of 60Hz is the standard.

5. After making the necessary changes, click Apply and then OK to save the settings. Restart your computer normally to see if the issue is resolved.

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, it's possible that the system update may have caused a driver conflict or compatibility issue with your graphics card. In that case, you may need to update or reinstall the graphics driver. You can do this by going to the manufacturer's website for your graphics card and downloading the latest driver for your specific model.

I hope these steps help you resolve the screen resolution error you're encountering. If you continue to experience difficulties, feel free to provide more details, such as your operating system and the model of your monitor, so that we can assist you further.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing after the system update. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like the screen resolution or refresh rate settings have been changed to a value that is not supported by your monitor. To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Start by booting your computer in Safe Mode: Restart your PC, and when it begins to boot, press and hold the F8 key until the advanced boot options menu appears. From there, select Safe Mode and hit Enter.

2. Once you're in Safe Mode, right-click on the desktop and select Display settings (or Screen resolution).

3. In the Display settings window, try changing the resolution to the recommended value of 1280 x 1024. You may need to experiment with different resolutions to find the one that works best for your monitor.

4. If changing the resolution doesn't fix the issue, try adjusting the refresh rate. Go to the Advanced display settings (or Display adapter properties) and select the Monitor tab. From there, you can change the refresh rate to a value that is supported by your monitor. Usually, a refresh rate of 60Hz is the standard.

5. After making the necessary changes, click Apply and then OK to save the settings. Restart your computer normally to see if the issue is resolved.

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, it's possible that the system update may have caused a driver conflict or compatibility issue with your graphics card. In that case, you may need to update or reinstall the graphics driver. You can do this by going to the manufacturer's website for your graphics card and downloading the latest driver for your specific model.

I hope these steps help you resolve the screen resolution error you're encountering. If you continue to experience difficulties, feel free to provide more details, such as your operating system and the model of your monitor, so that we can assist you further.
The problem is that it doesn't go in safe mode, the PC shuts down, after some moment, and this issues have been arising just after the screen resolution issue.

The problem is that it doesn't go in safe mode, the PC shuts down, after some moment, and this issues have been arising just after the screen resolution issue.
I apologize for the confusion. If your computer is shutting down when attempting to boot into Safe Mode, it could indicate a more serious issue.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your hardware: Make sure all cables and connections between your monitor and computer are secure. Additionally, ensure that your monitor is properly powered on.

2. Reset BIOS settings: Restart your computer and enter the BIOS setup by pressing a designated key (usually Del, F2, or F10) during the boot process. Look for an option to reset the BIOS settings to default or optimized defaults. Save the changes and exit the BIOS. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

3. Boot from installation media: If you have access to a Windows installation media (such as a DVD or USB drive), you can try booting your computer from it. This would allow you to access advanced troubleshooting options and potentially fix the screen resolution issue. Select the "Repair your computer" option and follow the on-screen instructions.

4. Check for hardware malfunction: If the issue persists, it's possible that there is a hardware malfunction with your computer or monitor. You may consider contacting a professional technician to diagnose and repair the problem.

In any case, it's important to perform a thorough backup of your important files and data before making any significant changes or repairs to your system.

I hope these steps help you troubleshoot the issue you're facing. If you need further assistance, please provide more details about your computer's hardware, operating system, and any recent changes or upgrades you've made.

so looking at you have two screens yes?
try turning one off during the restart process until it boots to desktop, then you can turn it back on

i'd try replacing the screen with a temp to see if it boots, then if not replace the plug and finally the OS

Back
Top Bottom