Windows 8 Security_HKLM_Only registry entry not found in windows8

vishnu

I was unable to download custom Activex control in Windows 8 Enterprise edition. It was fine with release preview. To set the group policy i was searching for Security_HKLM_Only in registry.

I am not finding this in registry.

Solution
When dealing with ActiveX controls in Windows, especially in an enterprise environment, certain settings might be controlled through Group Policy. If you're unable to download a custom ActiveX control in Windows 8 Enterprise Edition and you are looking for the "Security_HKLM_Only" setting in the registry but can't find it, there are a few things to consider:
  1. Group Policy Settings: Group Policy settings can be accessed by launching the Group Policy Editor. To open the editor:
    • Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    []Security Settings for ActiveX Controls:
    • In the Group Policy Editor, navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative...
When dealing with ActiveX controls in Windows, especially in an enterprise environment, certain settings might be controlled through Group Policy. If you're unable to download a custom ActiveX control in Windows 8 Enterprise Edition and you are looking for the "Security_HKLM_Only" setting in the registry but can't find it, there are a few things to consider:
  1. Group Policy Settings: Group Policy settings can be accessed by launching the Group Policy Editor. To open the editor:
    • Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    []Security Settings for ActiveX Controls:
    • In the Group Policy Editor, navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page.
    • Look for settings related to ActiveX controls within these sections as they directly impact ActiveX control behavior.
    [
    ]Registry Key Search:
    • It's possible that the specific registry key "Security_HKLM_Only" may vary based on the Windows version or it may not be a standard key used in Windows 8 Enterprise Edition.
    • You can try searching for related ActiveX control settings within the registry by looking at keys related to ActiveX controls, security, or Internet Explorer settings. If you can provide more details about the specific ActiveX control you are trying to download or the exact behavior you are seeing, I can provide more targeted assistance. Additionally, if you need guidance on configuring ActiveX controls or Group Policy settings for ActiveX controls, feel free to ask!

Solution