HesterGibson

Hi, I'm trying to find a similar program to the mac program Self Control. There are a lot out there but I can't seem to find one that specifically meets my needs. I want one that's free, that allows me to block any number of websites I want (I have a long list) and that allows me to block certain time periods rather than giving me a certain amount of time I'm allowed to go on the websites. Basically there are about 40 websites I would like to only be able to access between the hours of 5pm and 11pm. Leechblock allows you set time blocks to access the websites only during specified times, which is perfect, but it only allows you to block 6 websites and I need to block a lot more than that. Cold Turkey has a student option that is absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for but it costs $14 a month. Does anyone have an recommendations? Thank you.

Solution
Finding a free program that matches the features of Self Control for Mac can be a bit tricky due to the specific requirements you have. Here are a few suggestions for programs that might come close to what you need:
1. Block Site:
- A Google Chrome extension like "Block Site" allows you to block as many websites as you want at specific times. It offers flexible scheduling to restrict access to websites during certain periods.
2. StayFocusd:
- Another popular Chrome extension, StayFocusd, provides various blocking options. While it limits the time you can spend on certain sites daily, it also allows you to set active hours for specific sites. This could be useful for controlling access during specific times of the day...
Finding a free program that matches the features of Self Control for Mac can be a bit tricky due to the specific requirements you have. Here are a few suggestions for programs that might come close to what you need:
1. Block Site:
- A Google Chrome extension like "Block Site" allows you to block as many websites as you want at specific times. It offers flexible scheduling to restrict access to websites during certain periods.
2. StayFocusd:
- Another popular Chrome extension, StayFocusd, provides various blocking options. While it limits the time you can spend on certain sites daily, it also allows you to set active hours for specific sites. This could be useful for controlling access during specific times of the day.
3. FocalFilter:
- FocalFilter is a website blocker that lets you customize a list of sites to block. While it doesn't have as advanced scheduling features as Self Control for Mac, it may still meet your basic requirements.
4. Cold Turkey (Free Version):
- Cold Turkey offers a free version that might suit your needs. Although the premium version has more features, the free option still provides basic website blocking functionalities.
For a solution that precisely matches your criteria with unlimited site blocks and advanced scheduling features, you might need to consider paid options like Cold Turkey's student plan. It often involves a trade-off between the specific features you require and the cost associated with premium features.
Before selecting a tool, it's a good idea to thoroughly review the features of each to ensure they align with your specific needs regarding website blocking and scheduling capabilities.

Solution
Back