Server 2008 R2 Insufficient System Resources to Complete Requested Service

jctst714

Hi, I have four different servers that intermittently receive the following messages when attempting to RDP into them:

"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

AND

"Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the vent log for more details."

Occasionally, the same servers will blue screen and generate the following:

"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.274.10
Locale ID: 1033"

There isn't consistency as to when or which server this occurs with. It typically happens once a week to one of those four servers. This is not correlating with the patching schedule and I don't know of any other updates, except anti-virus that take place somewhat regularly.

I also have dumps that generate this message:

"Caused By Driver : ntkrnlpa.exe
Caused By Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+982ae"

Lastly, I also see Event IDs 3001, 3003, and 3006 generating warnings/errors . I'v searched and haven't found relevant information to resolve these unexplained errors or blue screens.

What other info is needed? How can I resolve this on all four servers?

Thanks in advance!

The BSODs are rare, but the main issue are the errors below. AV scans all the other servers in the environment, but these are the only ones having these issues.

"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

AND

"Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the vent log for more details."

How can I troubleshoot these? I see very little documentation from Microsoft.

Do you have a migration plan in place? 2008 R2 only has a few months left for support. Whats the memory usage like on these systems that first message is typical of resource exhaustion

No, these are legacy systems still being used. That's the reason I have to find a solution.

Back
Top Bottom