Windows 7 Server (Services) Does Not Turn On

xlovexcallx

I have network sharing issues and I believe the problem is that I cannot turn on file/printer sharing. When I click the button under advance sharing settings for file/printer and hit save (as an admin) it just goes back to off.
Under Services, the Server option which is on automatic does not start. When I try to start it, it says:
Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer. Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.
How can I fix this?

There is a tab with that service named "Dependencies" or something to that effect -> start those services and set their startup type to "Automatic".

I have the same issue as the poster. I have checked all the dependencies and they are all on. I tried disabling them all, restarting the computer, restarting the services and it still won't work. I looked up many other solutions to this issue, and none that help or work. My other problems include not being able to leave the Homegroup because the Homegroup Listener isn't on, because it depends on Server service. Any help to this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Is there a possibility that your computer is infected? Or that a third party antivirus or firewall program is to blame?

Considering you have the administrative rights, I agree with Techgoudy that the computer maybe infected by threats and trojans, its better to have a decent scan using an Antivirus, Spyware as well as Malware.

This issue is usually caused by Malware in my opinion. Have it checked.

Back
Top Bottom