Windows 10 Apache version 2.4 web-server service will not start.

Russell

Attention: windowsForum members:
Included with this post are four Paint 3D tempsnip image files ( below ), plus a Paint 3D tempsnip image-file attachment, for your consideration. They are:

This one shows one of my Dynu.com domain names ( i.e., "theholybible1.ddnsfree.com" - enclosed in a red rectangle ), and the web page that is associated with it is not being served up by my Apache version 2.4 web server. The server error is shown in the second red rectangle ( above ). None of my web pages are currently being served up. Then, we have:

This one shows that my Apache version 2.4 web server ( in my Microsoft Windows 10 ( Home ) Edition operating system ) service is not starting ( the associated error message is enclosed in the red rectangle ( above )). Then, we have:

This one shows the portion of my Apache version 2.4 web server configuration file ( i.e., "httpd.conf" ), with a line of code that I added earlier today ( as indicated in the red rectangle ( above )). This line of code was added because I was receiving an error message associated with the "SSLEngine On"-related code, when I attempted to restart my web server. Then, we have:

This one shows one of my <VirtualHost></VirtualHost> containers ( further down in my above-mentioned "httpd.conf" file ), which is associated with my above-mentioned Dynu.com domain name. It contains the above-mentioned "SSLEngine On"-related code ( the last two lines were derived from code found through an Internet search - all three lines of code are enclosed in a red rectangle ( above )). The "certificate.crt"- and "private.key" files were downloaded from the "sslforfree.com" web page yesterday ( along with a third file ( i.e., "ca_bundle.crt" )). The two ".crt" files have been added to my certificate store by selecting the "Certificates" snap-in in the Microsoft Management Console ( MMC ). Also, I remember reading on the above-mentioned "sslforfree.com" web page, yesterday, that if the above-mentioned certificate files were not renewed before their 90-day expiration date, that my above-mentioned Dynu.com web page would stop working. Additionally, last night, I selected the "update and restart" option, from my Microsoft Windows "Start" button on my task bar, and the process to update my operating system took several hours. I doubt that the above-mentioned "sslforfree.com" certificates ( and other changes that I made, associated with them ) is causing my above-mentioned web server problem ( though I could be wrong ). I am wondering if last night's update could be a source of my web server problem, though, most likely, it is just a matter of getting my above-mentioned Apache version 2.4 web server service restarted. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help and your patience. Keep in touch. :)

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.

"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32309

Attachments

• 1557103522939.png
    1557103522939.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Well for starters if Apache isn't running nothing is going to work. As the message states you need to look in the event viewer (system log) and see what error is being thrown.

Attention: windowsForum members:
Included in this post are four Paint 3D tempsnip image files ( below ) for your consideration. They are:

This one shows the error log for my Apache version 2.4 web server. The relevant errors are enclosed in a red rectangle ( above ). At 18:53:45 ( just before 07:00 p.m. Saturday evening ) something sent a shutdown signal to my Apache web server. And not long after that, something forced the termination of the relevant child processes. Then, we have:

This one shows a Microsoft Windows 10 ( Home ) Edition system log, accessed from within the Event Viewer. The time of this error was 06:08:56 a.m. yesterday morning. The relevant error description is enclosed in a red rectangle ( above ). Then, we have:

This one shows the results of an Internet search on the error description ( given in the image file immediately preceding this one ). The error description is enclosed in a red rectangle ( above ). Then, we have:

This one shows additional information ( included further down in the same Internet search result, referenced in the image file immediately preceding this one ). The suggested fix is shown at the bottom portion of the text ( in the red rectangle, above ). This is the basis for my adding the "LoadModule" line of code in my "httpd.conf" file ( as mentioned in my post to this forum last night ). However, I am still unable to get my Apache version 2.4 web-server service restarted. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help and your patience. Keep in touch. :)

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.

"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32309

Well considering this is an Apache, and more specifically a configuration, problem you'd be better off asking this question on a Apache specific forum.

Back