Service packs

Hi everyone. I am still trying to get my Nvidia video card to work with the multiple display option. Do I need a service pack? I downloaded the correct drivers from the website, but it still will not show multiple displays. Do I need a .net framework version. Windows 7 is on my second harddrive. I am still confused. Any help will be appreciated. deanie44

Windows XP Pro--SP3
1.99 of Ram
2 SATA Harddrives
HL-DT-ST DVD ROM GDR8164B ATA Device
Philips DVD+-RW D8801 ATA Device
Floppy disk Drive
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06 MHz
Hauppauge WinTv PVR PCI Dual Tuner

jeradw

So you are in fact using Windows 7 then correct?

What is the problem? Is it just not displaying content on both monitors?

What if you right click on the desktop | screen resolution and enable the second display there? Might also try a detect.

reghakr

Essential Member
jeradw is correct, look exactly like mine.

If you are in fact using Windows 7, we need to know the exact make and model of your video card.

Hi everyone. I am still trying to get my Nvidia video card to work with the multiple display option. Do I need a service pack? I downloaded the correct drivers from the website, but it still will not show multiple displays. Do I need a .net framework version. Windows 7 is on my second harddrive. I am still confused. Any help will be appreciated. deanie44

Windows XP Pro--SP3
1.99 of Ram
2 SATA Harddrives
HL-DT-ST DVD ROM GDR8164B ATA Device
Philips DVD+-RW D8801 ATA Device
Floppy disk Drive
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06 MHz
Hauppauge WinTv PVR PCI Dual Tuner
If you are in fact using Windows 7 then NO you do not need a service pack.. There are in fact no service packs out for Windows 7 yet.. ;) There most likely won't be any out for a while yet.. ;) This sounds more like a driver problem.. As reghakr said we need to know exactly what Video Card you are using and which drivers you have installed..

Nvidia

Hi Radenight, Reghakr, and Jeradw.Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I have the Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 and I downloaded the 96.85_forceware_winvista_X86_international_WHQL. It still doesnot work correctly. I use DXDIAG to view the monitors and only one display is shown. I also try to detect it and it cannot find it.The second display is my televison. The second display option does work in Window XP Pro. deanie44

You will need to wait for an update driver from Nvidia to work properly, I had the same Prob with ATI and they fixed it recently, there is also a new shortcut which is 'windows key + p' hang in tight it will work again

reghakr

Essential Member
Dxdiag only shows my graphics card also, not the TV, so that's not a reliable test.

Did you perform a "clean" install on a separate partition when you installed Windows 7?

You do have the latest Windows 7 driver from Nvidia.

Are there any items in Device Manager that have a yellow flag beside the entry?

How is your computer connected to the TV?

HDMI
Monitor out
S-video

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.