Windows 7 Setting default folder when opening up office files

Flupsie

I would like to know how I can set up a default folder in windows 7 when opening up Office workbooks. If I open up Excel 2010, It defaults to to My Documents. However, if I click on a folder "Fixed Assets" to open up a workbook, Excel looks at the latest folder when wanting to open up further files. I want Excel to always default to My Documents

Your assistance in this regard will be most appreciated

Here's a few methods you can use to your liking;

1. Open Excel. Go To Tools>Options>General. You will find a text box titled Default File location showing the path to the default My Documents Folder. Just change the path to point to a folder of your choice.

2. To change the location of My Documents Folder, right-click on the My documents icon on the desktop and click on properties. Click on the Move button and select a new location. Now, whenever you double-click on the My documents icon, you will be taken to the new folder.

3. MS Word- Open MS Word. Go to Tools>Options>File Locations. Select ‘Documents’ under ‘File types’ and click on Modify button at the bottom. Now choose any folder in another drive to which you want the files to be save by default.

Hope this helps,
Don

Back