Windows 8 Sharing a Windows 8 laptop

botfly

Hello, I will be sharing my Windows 8 laptop with my brother. I would like to log into my laptop with my microsoft account while my bro will use a local account with his own user ID and password. I understand that signing in with a microsoft account will sync all my online details such as skype, skydrive, hotmail to my PCs. In this case, will my bro be able to access my emails and all personal stuff if he logs into my laptop using his own local account?

Thanks.

sorry dear I've no clue about the issue but is the web not a better companion in dealing with the same .. you may try over there .. from vast amount of info available there .. you will surely find anything helpful ..

Hello, I will be sharing my Windows 8 laptop with my brother. I would like to log into my laptop with my microsoft account while my bro will use a local account with his own user ID and password. I understand that signing in with a microsoft account will sync all my online details such as skype, skydrive, hotmail to my PCs. In this case, will my bro be able to access my emails and all personal stuff if he logs into my laptop using his own local account?

Thanks.

I shouldn't think so. Perhaps the best way would be to have two accounts one for you and one for your brother.

That's correct. Your brother uses a Guest Acc't or creates his own. Ergo does not & cannot 'see' your side.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo (2013_02_06 10_30_24 UTC).jpg

Back