Windows 7 Shutting down Windows 7 Spying

ragnarok1968

Ok, I Care tremendously about privacy. this being said, I'm very well aware of the telemetry of Windows 7 through today's' Windows 10. So without further discussion, I was able to determine, ascertain and remove certain Windows 7 updates that implement AFTER Windows 7's initial release. I'm now going to give you a link to some of Windows 7's updates and telemetry.

Link: Windows 7 updates that added telemetry

Now.. as for one of the updates mentioned in the article section "Creepy updates" I found one update that was listed in my systems list of installed updates. that update in particular: KB3068708. I located it and uninstalled it. I'll now list some other updates that were implemented and some that replace others.

The updates in question are:
KB3068708 – This update introduces the Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service to existing devices.
KB3022345 (replaced by KB3068708) – This update adds the Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service to in-market devices.
KB3075249
– This update adds telemetry points to the User Account Control (UAC) feature in order to collect data on elevations that come from low integrity levels.
KB3080149 – This package updates the Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service to existing devices.

in order to interrogate what updates are on your system, navigate to control panel> programs>program features>installed updates. I found out how to uninstall these 4 updates through the command prompt and without a restart.

wusa /uninstall /kb:3068708 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3022345 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3075249 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3080149 /quiet /norestart

The Article states that uninstalling these 4 updates should shutdown spying on Windows 7 though windows 8/8.1.

I hope this helps others with identifying these updates and eradicating them from ones system

-Rag

Back
Top Bottom