Windows 7 Side by Side configuration and Windows Installer.

Gabbycoix90

I have no idea what happened. I went to get coffee and when I came back to my computer none of my files or applications would open. If I tried to click on anything the side by side conriguration error would pop up. When I tried to open Microsoft Word or Powerpoint up it says Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed. Does any one know what might have happened and possible solutions? Thanks.

Solution
It seems like your computer is encountering a "side by side configuration error" and a problem with the Windows Installer Service. These issues can prevent you from opening applications like Microsoft Word or PowerPoint. Here are some possible reasons and solutions for the problems you are facing:

Side by Side Configuration Error:​

1. Corrupted System Files: The error may arise due to corrupted system files or improper installation of applications.
  2. Missing Dependencies: Some applications rely on specific shared libraries or dependencies that might be missing.

Windows Installer Service Issue:​

3. Service Not Running: The Windows Installer Service might not be running or might be disabled.

Possible...​

It seems like your computer is encountering a "side by side configuration error" and a problem with the Windows Installer Service. These issues can prevent you from opening applications like Microsoft Word or PowerPoint. Here are some possible reasons and solutions for the problems you are facing:

Side by Side Configuration Error:​

1. Corrupted System Files: The error may arise due to corrupted system files or improper installation of applications.
  2. Missing Dependencies: Some applications rely on specific shared libraries or dependencies that might be missing.

Windows Installer Service Issue:​

3. Service Not Running: The Windows Installer Service might not be running or might be disabled.

Possible Solutions:​

4. Run System File Checker (SFC):
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command:
      Code:
       sfc /scannow
    • This command will scan and repair any corrupted system files.
    []Check for Windows Updates:
    • Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, updates can fix issues related to system components.
    [
    ]Restart Windows Installer Service:
    • Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, and hit Enter.
    • Scroll down to find the Windows Installer Service.
    • Right-click on it, select Properties, and make sure the service is set to Automatic and is running.
    • Restart the service and check if the issue is resolved.
    []Reinstall Microsoft Office:
    • If the issue persists with Microsoft Office applications, consider reinstalling them.
    • Uninstall the Office suite and then reinstall it from the official Microsoft website.
    [
    ]Check Event Viewer Logs:
    • Use the Event Viewer to check for error messages that might provide more information about the cause of the issues.
  5. Perform a System Restore:
    • If the problems started recently, consider using System Restore to revert to a point when your system was working fine. Try these solutions to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing with the side by side configuration error and the Windows Installer Service. If the problems persist, it might be helpful to seek further technical assistance.

Solution
Back